Tuesday, March 10th 2020 from 6:00 P.M. to 7:30 P.M. – Online Only
1.5 Hours of CA State CEUs for Speech-Language Pathologists
OPEN TO – Speech-Language Pathologists and Speech-Language Pathology Assistants
THIS IS AN ONLINE TRAINING
COST – $25.00
Free to Communication Works’ Therapists
All Sales Final, No Refunds
Important Note about Registration: Make sure to check the box at the bottom of the registration form to join our contact list or the system will not send follow up emails to you regarding the day of the training and handouts.
- Identify ways to select vocabulary words using two research methods
- Design evidence-based treatment sessions using nine ways to explicitly teach vocabulary in a variety of contexts
- Identify, define and describe morphological interventions to facilitate vocabulary development
- Review of how children acquire vocabulary/vocabulary development
- How to select vocabulary word targets using two evidence-based research methods
- Applying 9 evidence-based intervention strategies as a clinical framework to teach vocabulary words
- Reading Comprehension and Vocabulary Knowledge
- Metacognition and Vocabulary development
- Review and Questions and Answers
Cathy Alexander, M.A., CCC-SLP (Kids Vocabulary’s founder) has a passion for helping teachers, therapist and parents improve vocabulary and language skills of kids. She leverages her passion by being an author, speaker, and product designer to share her practical ideas, materials, and experience to enrich children’s vocabulary and language skills.
Cathy is a certified speech-language pathologist who has worked for 20 years in public and private school settings. She is a national speaker on the topic of “Vocabulary” for children and conducts workshops across the county.
Cathy is the mother of three wonderful adult children, grandmother (GiGi) and happily married for 35 years. She loves spending time with her family and friends. Cathy also enjoys giving back to the community through her medical mission trip to Costa Rica and free parent seminars.