Communication Works (CW) offers social communication, emotional regulation, sensory support, occupational therapy, and traditional speech and language therapy sessions for children and adults. Group and individual sessions are available depending on the needs of each client.
If you are interested in learning more about our services, please give us a call at 510-639-2929.
To enroll online, follow the steps below. Please read carefully and call if you have any questions.
- For individual therapy services we typically require an evaluation prior to starting services. If you have a current evaluation, please submit for review before starting services. We also require an enrollment form to be filled out (see below), which provides our therapists with valuable information. In most cases, an Initial Consultation is not required for individual services and you can skip down to the appropriate link for the enrollment form.
- For our social groups, we spend a substantial amount of time carefully grouping clients with similar needs, levels, age, and schedules to promote growth and individualized lessons for each group. In order to create well-matched groups, we need background information including a completed CW enrollment packet and any relevant reports, IEPs, or outside information. Once we receive these forms and have a potential opening in a group, we will schedule an Initial Consultation. This gives the client and therapist time to “interview” each other and provides us with crucial information for matching group members and/or determining the correct “road map” for services. Although this is not a formal evaluation, a brief write-up with recommendations will be provided. The fee for the Initial Consultation is $120, due at the time of the meeting.
After the informal consultation is completed and a group placement is recommended, a registration fee of $75 is required to begin the group placement process. If we arrange for a group placement, the $75 will be applied towards services. If you decline those services, the $75 will not be returned due to the amount of time spent considering each client for a group placement. If we are unable to arrange a group for you or your child, your $75 will be returned or we can place you on the wait list for future consideration in a group.
To enroll, begin by clicking the appropriate age group below. You will be taken to a new page with more information and instructions for submitting online:
If you or your child is a current or past client of Communication Works (CW) and you wish to register for an upcoming session, please complete a Registration/Schedule Form (see below) and mail or fax to the office with your registration fee of $75 and any current reports or information. If you have been away from CW for more than 6 months, please fill out a new ENROLLMENT FORM (see section above and select applicable enrollment group). Clients are placed in groups with peers who are matched for cognitive, behavioral, and social needs. If we arrange for a group placement, the $75 will be applied towards services. If you decline those services, the $75 will not be returned due to the amount of time spent considering each client for a group placement. If we are unable to arrange a group for you or your child, your $75 will be returned or we can place you on the wait list for future consideration in a group.
Returning Client Checklist:
- Policies and Client Agreement
- HIPPA form
- Photo/video release form
- Community outing release
- Exchange of information/professional release
- Teacher checklist for a returning student
- Latest IEP and any outside evaluations