Works (CW) is a non-public agency (NPA) certified by the California Department of Education. We contract with various public and private schools and centers in the Bay Area and provide qualified speech, language, and occupational therapists to implement service delivery and training to students and staff.
Areas of Specialty:
- Social communication/pragmatic language
- Social Thinking™
- Self regulation/ Zones of Regulation
- Language and phonological development
- Early Intervention
- Oral motor techniques for young children
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC)
- Assistive Technology (AT)
- Communication for individuals who are deaf and/or hard of hearing (D/HOH)
- Bilingual (Spanish-English) Assessments and therapy
- Speech-language evaluations & consultation
- Speech-language therapy
- Occupational evaluations & consultation
- Occupational therapy
- In-services and training for teachers, staff, and paraprofessionals
- Social learning intervention
CW’s speech-language pathologists (SLPs), speech-language pathologist assistants (SLPAs) and occupational therapists (OTs) work together to develop and meet IEP goals and objectives. All of our therapists receive support from our management team and clinical supervisors.
Services are individualized and based on the needs of each child and their setting. We work towards functional outcomes to increase the quality of life for all of our clients and their respective families.
Client profiles may include, but are not limited to, speech and language delays/disorders, articulation disorders, nonverbal learning disorder (NLD), autism spectrum disorders (ASD), pervasive developmental disorders (PDD), developmental delay (DD), sensory integration disorder (SI), self-regulation challenges, attention deficit disorder (ADD), deaf and hard of hearing (D/HOH), and physical disabilities that impact speech and/or language development. Additionally, we work with local school districts and non-public placements to assist with programmatic development and expansion.
Our speech-language pathologists (SLPs), hold a master’s degree, state licensure, and national certification from the American Speech, Language and Hearing Association (ASHA). Our occupational therapists (OT) hold a bachelor’s degree in OT and a master’s degree in Education. Our speech- language pathology assistants (SLPAs) are registered with the state of California and are supervised by experienced and highly trained clinical supervisors. Our comprehensive team of specialists maintain current and cutting-edge information related to our field through professional collaborative groups and ongoing continuing education.